JOEL 2;15—”BLOW THE TRUMPET IN ZION, SANCTIFY A FAST, CALL A SOLEMN ASSEMBLY.
WHAT IS FASTING : Fasting is chastising your flesh by abstaining from natural pleasures for a selected period of time while focusing on a deeper relationship with God.
1) To get clear direction for the year.
2) for spiritual growth in our lives
3)To obtain personal breakthroughs.
4)To see the supernatural hand of God released in our church.
5) To cover our children in the education system & society.
6) For financial breakthroughs.
7) Enrichment in the covenant relation of marriages
8) For our Country’s Leaderers & the President to do God’s will
FASTING PLAN: 5 DAY PLAN FOR A FAST.
DAY 1—–6 AM-6PM–NO MEATS ,NO COFFEE
DAY 2—6 AM-6PM—NO MEATS, NO COFFEE, NO SWEETS
DAY 3–6 AM-6PM–NO MEATS–LIQUIDS ONLY
DAY 4—6AM-6PM—NO MEATS—NO SECULAR TV( CHURCH CHANNELS OK)
DAY 5—6AM–6PM—-NO MEATS—LIQUIDS ONLY
SCRIPTURAL BENEFITS FOR FASTING:
Fasting enables us to humble ourselves before God.–ps 38:13, ps69:10, 2 chron 7:14
Fasting is a means by which a believer brings his/her body into subjection—1 cor 9: 27
Fasting changes man, not God. God is omnipotent and unchanging. mal 3:6
Fasting breaks down the barriers in man’s carnal nature that stand in the way of the Holy Spirit omnipotence. Eph 3:20
Fasting intensifies prayer and enables the believer to become more effective spiritually. Dan 9:2,3: Dan 10:1-14
Fasting empowers the believer to obtain deliverance, spiritual breakthroughs, answered prayers and victory. Isa 58:6. 2 chron 7:14,15, 2 chron 20:1-30
Fasting prepares the believer to receive a fresh utpouring of the spirit and the blessing of God. Joel 2:12-29
Fasting has medical benefits. Isa 58:8
Fasting will bring peace to our land, 1 tim 2:1-2
PRAYER OF DEDICATION:
Heavenly Father, today i consecrate myself to you in the name of your son, Jesus Christ. I receive fresh oil from your presence to empower me to be effective in these dayss of fasting and prayer.
I declarethat i shall not be distracted by any device of the enemy but i shall come to a place of deliverance, breakthroughs and victory in every dimension of my life.
I receive supernatural strength from the Holy Spirit to rise above the cravings of my carnal nature. I declare that in the midst of this fast i would receive power and divine directions from the presence of God that would positively affect my destiny.
This is my season of breakthroughs and Double Portion Anointing. I shall not be denied of any blessing or miracle that you have ordained for me, in Jesus mighty Name,Amen.
1) FOCUS ON THE WORD OF God.
2) Fasting will increase your faith and your relationship with God.
3) During a fast, prayers must be specific. It is wise to kep a journal of your prayers and how God answers them.
4) Avoid eating a large meal before you fast. Eat fruits and vegetablesbefore and after the fast.
5) Drink lots of water and fluids.water should be room termperature. Do not drink tap water.
6) Day one will be your hardest day of the fast, each day will actually get easier as you pray and press your way into God.
7) Fasting strengthens your inner man. You will not starve to death by fasting.Fast until God has deal with you or you feel a release.
8) Consult your doctor if you have any concerns. It is not recommended that a pregnant Woman should fast.
9) Headaches, bad breath, nausea and rundown feelings are signs that the fast is working. These symptoms should cease after the 3 rd day.
10) The victory often comes after the fast is over.
11) Wisdom should be use when breaking a fast.Do not eat foods like meats, that are hard to digest when breaking a fast. Eat fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water before, during and after fasting.
If you have any questions about fasting, please call the church during office hours or email your questions through the church website at firstname.lastname@example.org
PRAY DURING FAST:
1) THAT THE CHURCH WILL BE BUILD AFTER GOD’S PATTERN;
exodus 25:8-9, matt 16:17-19, eph2:18-22
2)pray that the church will grow in all dimensions;
Stronger through Worship
Deeper through Discipleship
Larger through Evangelism
Broader through Ministry
Warmer through Fellowship
3)Destroy every satanic attack that will hinder the growth, process, and advancement and establishment of the church. Acts 12:1-10, 2 cor2:11
4) Destroy and arrest the operations of the spirit of strife, contentions, envy, jealousy,backbiting, criticism, undermining,sabotage, and every form of carnality that hinders the work of God. gal 5:13-26, jas3:10-18
5) Relrasr the spirit of unity and team work, in the lives of the people of God. neh4:15-21, eph4:16
6) Pray that all members of awlc would discover their divine call and ministries and would be suprnaturally set in the church according to the counsel of God and that they will be fruitful in their ministries. rom 12:3-8, 1cor 12:4-31
7) Pray and release every human, financial and material resource that heaven has ordained for the advancement of the church. PS 118:25
8) Pray that God will supernaturally empower his church financially so that the church can meet all its financial obligations without struggle.
9) Pray that every department of the church would be functional, efficient and effective and that all the needs of the people of God will be met.
10) Pray for revival and the activation of every spiritual gift in the lives of the people of God. Pray that this revival would cause a massive in gathering of souls into the kingdom of God. 2 tim 1:6
11)Pray that God will bless his church tremendously in all dimensions and that other churches would be established as a result of it.